Noetic is excited to a share new Q&A series discussing what senior leaders and colleagues are doing to extend their brand and share advice with other marketers within their industry and beyond. Today’s episode features Jan Slater CMO from the University of Illinois – Urbana Champaign Gies College of Business.
- Be intentional about your efforts. Think about your audiences and how to best communicate with them to share helpful information without bombarding them.
- Now more than ever it is important to stay true to your brand. Your brand is how people know you. During crisis people turn to brands that are familiar.
- Communicate thoughtfully. Focus on what’s coming and the positive things that are going to happen, rather than what has already played out. Move fast but be thoughtful.
- Start with your internal audiences. Translate content into meaningful communication meant for your own staff and community. Put information in smaller chunks and into consistent channels making it easily accessible for those who need it.
- Do not hunker down and go radio silent, but also don’t go to the other extreme trying to do everything with little impact. Prioritize your actions based on your brand identity.
- Focus on the future rather than past decisions and regret. Rather than focusing on what you could have or should have done, focus on what you’re going to do. Ensure your human and financial resources are in the right spaces getting ready for the other side of this. By focusing on the past, you will miss the opportunities in front of you.